Friday, October 8, 2010

October 9, 2010 In which Cedric gets a $500 car wash

Cedric Smirks 

































































































So, faithful readers, you knew Cedric suffered the slings and arrows of careless driving by yours truly. Now you will hear the full story, and find out why he got a $500 car wash.
Awhile back, I was driving back from an early morning walk with a friend. I passed the local car wash and thought “Maybe I should just whip in there and get all this dirt off Cedric”. Then I thought, “Nah. It’s $15. I can do it at home, for nothing.” (The gods were listening, and smiling.)
At home, I backed him out of the carport. wanting him to be in the shade for the lavage. That’s when the disaster struck .. not paying close attention, I brushed him against one of the supports of the car port, and the rest was history.
The crash repair bloke phoned me Wednesday afternoon to say that Cedric was all fixed, and that he would GIVE HIM A WASH before coming to pick me up, and present me with the insurance excess account for $500.
Sure glad I saved that $15.

2 comments:

  1. Well Cedric looks handsome all spiffy up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you regard Cedric. He has a personality and got his wash, one way or another!

    ReplyDelete