Monday, October 11, 2010

October 12, 2010 Who says the Government incentive scheme wasn't useful?





You may recall my little tale of the sunbird who raised 2 fledglings in the security of my deck.

They have all flown the coop now, so I had a good look at the nest. I was quite amused to find that the female had used little pieces of the insulation batts that had been installed in my ceiling, to pad the base of the nest. It would have been soft and warm.

So, she obviously not only took advantage of the government scheme, but also knew a bit about the value of recycling. I should tell Ms Gillard about this, perhaps.

The photos are not mine. The top one is a female, just like "mine", while the bottom shows the plumage of a male who is clinging to a characteristic nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment