Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 4, 2010 Local artists


Come into my house so I can show you some of the paintings done by two of my favourite artists.

The first 2 are by A.D. (Tony) North, whom I met in Mackay. He has now moved to the Sunshine Coast of Queensland where, hopefully, he'll find a larger market. The first painting was done about 2 years before the other. I like the maturation developing in his approach.

He used to start with a black canvas, and work from there; I don't know whether he still uses this approach.





The next artist is Graham Draper, who lives in my town. His "day job", is, in fact, a night job, as shelf stocker at a local supermarket. I really covet his house, it vibrates with life and colour. 

The first painting is an old Queenslander house, still to be seen here in town. The other two are of his parents!


2 comments:

  1. I love so much the second artist ! May be because I'm a naive painter too !
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, he's just an amazing artist. He does pen and ink drawings that are so detailed and full of fantasy.

    ReplyDelete